Monday 1 April 2013

Bake off #3

Mini egg rocky road bites

Anything that combines white chocolate, marshmallows, mini eggs and biscuit is right up my street! Especially when it only takes 5 minutes to make.

I found this recipe when I was having a nosey through the new issue of the free Sainsburys magazine that was lounging on my colleague's office desk in the week, and I couldn't wait to try it.

 
All of the ingredients were pretty cheap and easy to find!

 
 
 
The recipe tells you to buy sweetmeal digestive biscuits, which I had never heard of before, and it also says to buy mini marshmallows although they were expensive so I just bought regular marshmallows and had a great sticky time cutting them up.
 
 
It was just case of melting the 400g of white chocolate, bashing the biscuits into small pieces, and then mixing all of the yummy ingredients together into a dish before leaving it to set in the fridge for a few hours.
 
 
And here we go! The perfect Easter dessert rocky road mix. It went down perfectly with my friends, well it must have done because they insisted on taking extra pieces home to devour for breakfast the morning after.
 

The only problem was that this was meant to make 25 pieces (!!) and I only made about 8 at most - it was so hard to cut up that I just ended up breaking it with my hands, and we all dived in.

The recipe also said to line the tin with clingfilm before tipping the mixture in, but I found that because my clingfilm wasn't perfectly straight in the tin, the mixture ended up moulding around the clingfilm in parts at the bottom so we had to be careful to pick out little bits of clingfilm before we started eating - I'm sure normal parchment paper will do the trick to make sure the set mixture comes out of the tin.

Recipe:
2 x 200g bars smooth white chocolate by Sainsburys, broken into pieces (I used their basics range)
100g sweetmeal digestives by Sainsburys, broken into small pieces
150g bag mini marshmallows
100g bar mini eggs

Enjoy!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment