Tuesday 2 April 2013

Achievements & planning ahead

I can't quite believe it, but I was only 3.1km off running 100km in March!

I never would have expected two months ago that I would have been able to achieve such an accomplishment in such a short space of time. Eight weeks ago I was struggling to take control of my breathing, my pace and was also struggling to run for more than 2 minutes!

I had set myself a 30km monthly goal which I achieved at the end of February, and then moved on to 50km by the end of March and even though I achieved that early on 12 March, I never thought I'd be so close to 100km! I kind of wish that I had gone for an extra 3km run now just to round it off, but either way I can't be disappointed with what I've achieved.

It looks quite scary now seeing that I've done 0km in April - I skipped my extra runs on Sunday and Monday because I thought I deserved some time off seems as it was Bank Holiday - it won't be good for my weekly total but we have our actual 5k run on Saturday so I didn't want to overdo it. Now that we will be completing longer runs there's every chance I could hit 100km for April, but we will see!

 
Today my sister and I spent a couple of hours after a run setting up a training plan for our 10k Race for Life. The Runkeeper app has a 10k training plan but it is spread over 16 weeks and we only have 12 weeks to train from now until 30 June, so we thought it would be a good idea to incorporate their runs into our own plan.
 
 
We kind of made it up as we went along but we're confident that it'll help us to complete the distance. We are hoping for a 60 minute run on 30 June so in two or three weeks' time we'll have more of an idea about where we are and whether it's achievable!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment