Sunday 31 March 2013

Week 7 training roundup...

Week 7
Activities: 6
Distance covered: 26.2 km
Average pace: 8:03 min/km
Calories burned: 1,536
Time spent 3:31:13

So this week I beat my calories and distance, but not my pace and that's because we've been looking after DC's family dog - giving me more chances for long walks however recording these obviously brings down the weekly pace of everything. 
 
Sunday: rest day
Monday: 5.80km training plan run - 50 min walk / jog with 5 min walking warmup
Tuesday: 5.51km - 4.8km run with 5 min walking warmup
Wednesday: 1 hour pilates and 1.91km walk home
Thursday: rest day
Friday: 5.20 km training plan run - interval run of 12 x 90 sec run, 60 sec walk, plus 2.39 km walk
Saturday: 5.37 km training plan run - 4.8km moderate run with 5 min walking walkup
 
I took one more rest day than usual this week, not being able to find any energy or confidence to run after my crisis on Saturday evening. I got back into it on Monday, running in the freezing cold with my sister - it was a good run but again we were pleased when it was over!

I usually have a training plan run on Wednesday but because of starting pilates I will now cover this on Tuesdays - I had a really terrible run on Tuesday. Just as my 5 minute walking warmup was over and I started to jog, my Runkeeper told me I had already gone 1km. Then 10 seconds later, it told me I had done 2km. So my GPRS was obviously out and it really knocked me. I didn't want to have to start the whole thing again so I continued, but later on Runkeeper added another extra km onto my run, and then told me my run was completed - it reckoned I did 4.8km in 15 minutes - I wish!!

So it was really difficult to keep running at the same time as trying to mentally work out how much I actually needed to run to complete the 4.8km. I think I did ok because when I got home and logged into Runkeeper online, I was able to alter the map - which was ALL over the place - and when it was fixed I had more or less completed the correct distance. I didn't realise you could alter the map online but I'm glad I could because it told me I was running at 3.30km/min and registered as a personal best - a time I never would have been able to beat in the future if it stayed on my record!

So it was a really bad run and I couldn't concentrate at all.

Wednesday I went to my pilates class and it was the best ever.

I had a rough day at work on Thursday so drove to weigh in instead of jogging like last week. After a bad weigh-in I was determined to get a good run in so I made the most of the Bank Holiday Friday by getting up early and getting my interval run in the bag. IT WAS TOUGH, one of those runs that make your legs feel as though they're going to give way because you're going too fast, and you get so hot it makes you feel as though you're going to vomit. So I was glad when that was over and I was able to enjoy the rest of my weekend! I'm really glad DC came and ran it with me because if he wasn't there, there was every chance I would have stopped and given up! We walked the dog afterwards, giving us a proper cool down.

Saturday my sister was away for the bank holiday so I completed the 4.8km by myself and luckily this time my GPRS stayed right and I had a good run. I was out by 8.30am and it was a GLORIOUS morning. It was the first time I had ran with a bit of sunshine! I had to take my jacket off because it was so warm. It was a hard run mainly due I think to Pilates Thursday and my horrible interval run yesterday, but I enjoyed it.

Overall I've had a good workout week - only 6 days to go until our official 5km and I can't wait! I will be running it with my sister, so it won't be my best time ever, but our focus is not completing the race in the fastest time - we are looking to be able to last the distance and say that WE DID IT.
 
Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment