Sunday 28 April 2013

Week 11 training roundup...

Week 11
Activities: 5
Distance covered: 27.3 km
Average pace: 6.34 min/km
Calories burned: 1,786
Time spent 2:59:26

I'm really pleased with the way this week has gone!
 
Sunday: 5.00km run
Monday: 3.78km
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: 6.00km run
Thursday: 5.00km run
Friday: rest day
Saturday: 7.50km run
 
Wow look at those numbers this week! I'm really pleased with myself. I have to admit, I'm not particularly following the training plan that my sister and I set up a couple of weeks ago. Firstly, because my sister has dropped out due to a hernia and that kind of rocked my motivation (as proved last week) so I was just kind of running as much as I mentally could. Also, I just haven't had time lately for hour runs so I've come to the conclusion that one long run on the weekend - increasing by 0.5km each week until the 10km race - plus as many minimum of 5.km runs I can fit in during the week is good by me.

I'm still progressing, perhaps not doing as well at my 5km record, but I have eight weeks to go and I'm confident that I'll do the 10km in as close to 60mins as possible. I do need to try and incorporate some more HIIT training to increase my speed and stamina, and I also want to include some cross training and core strengthening. I have always planned to go back to Pilates once I buy a car, as it was too difficult to make the class due to the unreliable bus from work, so I'll be pleased when I can pick that back up.

Sunday's run was a bit of a struggle, and I'm not sure if I was offended or motivated right at the end of it when a van driving (chav) man stopped his driving alongside me and told me to 'hurry up because my nice bum is slowing drivers down'. I did find it quite funny actually.

Monday I had a busy day at work tying up lose ends before my spa break, and so I was tired when I got home and only managed a 3.78km run.

Tuesday was my rest day due to travelling, and Wednesday and Thursday I did myself proud by getting 11km in the bag overall on those days whilst I was away on my holiday break.

Friday I was off work and was tempted to run but wanted to make sure I had two rest days, as I didn't want to jump from 3/4 workouts a week to 6. So I just went for a walk instead and saved my energy for my 7.5km Saturday run - this was a struggle. I find that my mentality when tackling longer runs is not great, it takes me about 3km to get into a rhythm and run comfortably, and I blame knowing that I've got a long run ahead of me. I still love running, I really do, but I think the longer runs overwhelm me a little. I feel so good though when they're done!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment