Tuesday 16 April 2013

Bake off #5

Weightwatchers Blueberry and Muesli Muffins
 
I'm always happy when the new weightwatchers mag comes out because the recipes are so much better and clearer than the Your Week we get each Thursday at our class. As soon as I opened the mag I knew I had to bake these!

 
Recipe
Makes 10
4 propoints+ per muffin
 
175g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
75g soft brown sugar
60g muesli
1 egg, beaten
200ml skimmed milk
30g low fast spread, melted
150g blueberries
5 tsp clear honey, to serve
 
I used gluten free muesli and Sainsburys basics blueberries. I didn't have any proper muffin cases so I used this silicone mould that my Grandad gave me yonks ago, it just meant that the muffins were smaller than they should be, which is not a bad thing as it makes the propoints+ of each muffin lower.
 
 
They were really simple the make. The flour and baking powder was sifted into a bowl before being mixed with the sugar and muesli. Beat together the egg, milk and spread, and mix this into the flour mixture before adding the blueberries.

 
After spooning them into the cases, into the oven they went. It advises to cook them for 15-20 minutes but as with everything I kept them in closer to 25 minutes.
 
 
And here is how they turned out. They were YUM. DC wasn't too keen and didn't eat too many, he said they weren't sweet enough for him, but they were the perfect go-to snack for me when I was peckish but didn't want something too high in propoints. I counted them as 3 propoints+ because they were smaller.


I can't wait to try these again. I made them again today and substituted the blueberries for tinned peaches, and also half of the sugar for splenda, but they didn't work out and I had to throw them away! I may try them again with dried fruit though.

Dans


No comments:

Post a Comment