Sunday 21 April 2013

Week 10 training roundup...

So now I am officially in training for my 10km!

Week 10
Activities: 5
Distance covered: 13.5 km
Average pace: 6.30 min/km
Calories burned: 873
Time spent 1:28:05

Bit of a rubbish week this week! I lost the motivation to run for most of the week
 
Sunday: rest day
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: 6.5km training plan run
Thursday: rest day
Friday: skipped run
Saturday: 7.00km training plan run
 
I didn't do well this week and really slacked off on my running. I had a bit of a family emergency so was spending time at the hospital Monday and Tuesday night, getting home for a late 9:30pm dinner, with definitely no time for exercise. This had a knock on effect for the rest of the week - I was exhausted physically and mentally, and running was the last thing on my mind.

Wednesday I was back to normal but I really didn't fancy a run. I felt rubbish and drained from what had been going on, plus I was super busy at work and felt as though I didn't have enough energy. I had a 6.5km planned and was so close to sacking it off for a 3.2km, but I took a last minute decision to do the full 6.5km as I knew I'd be disappointed if I didn't.

It was the HARDEST RUN EVER. It was super windy, more windy than I've ever had during a run before, it was blowing me all over the place, I lost my cap and had to run after it twice, and running against that harsh wind really slowed me down. I think I averaged a 6:36min/km pace, which wasn't too bad, but it took me 3km to get into the run before I actually calmed down and got into a rhythm. I was so happy when it was over!

Thursday was my usual rest day for weightwatchers, and Friday I skipped my run as the weather was awful and after a superbusy week I just knew I couldn't do it.

Saturday was a 7.0km run - I had only ever ran this far before by accident on a timed run, so to know I actually had so far ahead of me to go was a bit daunting but I pushed on. I wasn't really mentally prepared for it and half way through I was tempted to take the turn off to home but I'm glad I didn't. The sun was shining and it was a GLORIOUS day. I didn't know how I would cope because this was the first day I had ran in nice weather. I read somewhere that you have enough energy already stored to run for an hour, and after this you will need to start rehydrating / replacing your energy levels, so I didn't take any liquid out with me but half way through I did wish I had brought my water bottle along for a few sips along the way. It felt great when I reached 7.0km, and I'm so glad I saw it through.

I've lost out on one 50 minute run and a 3.2km this week due to my extra rest days, so I'm planning on making up for one tomorrow. I've never missed a training plan run before and I wasn't planning on starting now! But I think it's best if I just draw a line under this week and move on for a successful week next week.

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment