Wednesday 7 August 2013

The second best thing I did while I was away...

DC's brother and his girlfriend had been planning their birthday house party for ages... with a Hollywood fancy dress theme! It was the best party ever. I had so much fun.

We kind of left it a bit very late to decide what we were going to dress up as, and on holiday we had a few chats trying to figure out what would be a good character to go as. We didn't really get very far, all I knew was that I wanted it to be homemade as they're the best kind of costumes. And cheap as chips.

Three nights before the party I decided what I was going to be...


Wilma Flintstone of course! Although I'm sure she was never seen with a beer in her hand but anyway.

I was really pleased with my outfit and couldn't believe it came together so well. The scariest bit was eyelining my eyebrows - I had finished my whole face of makeup and sat on the chair with the eyeliner close to my face thinking, hmm, this is either going to go REALLY well or REALLY wrong. But I think I did a pretty good job!


My wig was a red bob from a local fancy dress shop that looked more orange than red so it turned out pretty well. I bunned the back of it and tried to recreate the housewife quiff at the front.

My bambam was from the same shop, and my dress was made out of a king size fitted bedsheet from Wilko... thanks sis for taking hours to chop it up and pin it in for me! My necklace was a bit of a gem find... I found lots of polystyrene balls at a local haberdashery and just threaded some string through and voila there was my Wilma necklace!

DC's outfit was amazing too... he decided to go as the Papparazzi!


We made his big camera out of a Shredded Wheat box and one of those secret santa plastic pint glasses that twist down flat and back up again.

Here's the rest of the guys who made such a huge effort.. see if you can guess who they are!






Can you believe this was home made?!




 Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment