Wednesday 28 August 2013

If I said I didn't like pretty things I'd be lying

I would love to still be in birthday mode but it's so busy and hot at work and my party seems like a gazillion years ago. I am on a health kick which means no sugar to get me through the day, although I just popped out on lunch to get some washing detergent and softener and was mega distracted by the sweet aisle. I had a quick glimpse and then remembered how rubbish I would feel on my run later if I stuffed myself full of chocolate now. 

I am planning to get my 2/4 run completed today, I have absolutely no reason not to go so I'm going to get out there tonight and give myself tomorrow off before running 3/4 on Friday and 4/4 Saturday morning, which will complete my goal this week. These small goals are definitely helping me because 

1) they feel small enough for me to know I can complete them and 
2) it keeps things fresh and exciting

So as I'm tired and hot and a little bit bored today, I thought I'd share with you some of the gorgeous gifts I received from my amazing friends and family this year. Btw this is mainly to remind myself that there is still some joy in life when turning 25, and that 25 isn't as boring as the life I have seemed to lead since Monday. 


My sis had a plastic replica of a library lamp that I absolutely fell in love with. When she was about to give it to me, it broke, so as an amazing surprise she bought me this brass one for my birthday, which goes perfectly on my dressing table. 


Ok so it's a fact universally acknowledged that I have inherited wonderfully chubby fingers from my dear Father. Even when I lose weight, the fingers don't budge. I think I'm still having a hard time accepting this although not as much as when I was in school when I used to hide them under my uniform jumper. Anyway, my bestie most amazing friend ever bought me this gorgeous Pandora ring that features my birthstone Peridot. It's SO PRETTY.


I love my new Cath Kidston iPad case from DC's sister. I think it could double up as a hand mitt when it gets too cold. It just looks so comfy. Check out the mess on the floor from where I got all iPad-excited and threw my rubbish. 


Yes is really happened. And no I didn't share it. Well actually I gave DC a bite but he took off much more than I was happy with so I told him his time was up and he had to go get his own salted caramel cheesecake chocolate slab. This was the first thing that was demolished on bank holiday Monday. 

I got a lot of vouchers too which I'm wondering whether to save or splurge, but that's for another post ;)

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment