Wednesday 21 August 2013

The countdown has begun

It's now only 4 days until my birthday so I think I'm allowed to get excited now! I'm having a BBQ on Sunday on my birthday for our families and a few of our friends - it's always a bad idea planning a gathering on the Bank Holiday weekend as so many people go away, so I never usually do something like this but I thought this year, why not! We are tying it in with a housewarming party as we've never actually had one of those and we've been here for over a year now.


I did the main invitation through the good old Facebook, but here was the invitation I drew up for the wise people who don't use that social networking site. I was quite proud of it seems as it was a 5 minute job on Word.

I've invited the street as I thought that'd be a nice touch, I'm not sure if any of them will turn up but it's always a good opportunity to get to know more about your neighbours! My grandparents are also coming along which will be really lovely because my Grandpa is getting so old now and is in really poor health, so it'll be nice to get them out of the house for a couple of hours.

I'm trying to come up with a few ideas to decorate the garden for cheap but I'm a bit stuck as we don't have many places to hang things, so I'm going to have a look around town this week to see what I can see. I've also got hold of some good recipes for party food so I shall try my hand at that on the weekend.

The best thing about birthdays is getting everyone together in one place and I really can't wait. I'm not sure I'll be this enthusiastic the morning after when the cleanup begins but I'm looking forward to turning a quarter of a century with all of them.

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment