Tuesday 27 August 2013

A new goal and some amazing news

My new goal for this week is 4x 25min runs, and I need to get them in before Saturday evening. I didn't run on my birthday, and I completely bypassed Monday, so I thought I'd better get on with it today and  got my first run out of the way. I felt good breaking through the 20 min barrier, but running is still tough for me and I'm going much slower. 

I only took a month off and I can't believe I used to run over 25km a week! I'm hoping to keep building it up again week by week, and then I can work on my pace. I might even switch to miles and try to start racking up one long run a week. 

DC told me to leave dinner up to him today. I got home and fancied putting the potatoes in the oven for an hour to get them really crispy. Usually we cheat and microwave them before putting them in the oven for 10 mins. DC then realised that he had bought everything for a jacket potato meal... Except the potatoes. Men! Must be the return to school. But I can't feel too bad for him on his first day back when he has had six weeks off!

So tonight we got the amazing news that DC's cousin and her partner are expecting their first baby. HOW AMAZING! It will be the first baby of our generation so that's super exciting. I couldn't be happier for them. Eeeeee!!!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment