Saturday 10 August 2013

Happy birthday and a lack of exercise

OK unfortunately I just hit some stupid button my laptop and managed to delete my whole post. Which is mega annoying and reminds me of writing novels at 14 and losing a whole chapter and sometimes shedding a tear.

Where did I start?

I think I'm falling out of love with running. I just don't feel like doing it any more. I really need to get my kit on and just get outside in the lovely weather but I just can't be bothered. I thought I would run more once my race was over as I knew I'd be racing for run and not for competition, but obviously it's not gone that way. I went swimming on Monday with my sis, we used to go every week when we lived together and I loved it so I'm glad we've agreed to start going again. Then I ran 25 minutes on Tuesday but this has been followed with 4 days of no exercise. I need to force myself out tomorrow and get it done, and I know I'll fall in love with that feeling at the finish.

My sis is 26 today. Happy birthday sis!! To celebrate, here's a cute pic of us when we were kids, when our parents used to dress up in the same clothes, perhaps to try and make us have more in common - we loved each other to bits (and still do) but we were soooo completely different growing up and through our teens. Love you lots sis.


I have a rule that because my sis and I almost share birthdays (2 weeks and 1 day apart), I don't overshadow her birthday by getting excited about mine until hers is over. So tomorrow it'll only be a fortnight away and I can start getting excited! DC and I are having a birthday / housewarming (only 1 year late) BBQ just a small one for family and a few friends, so that'll be fun although I've told DC not to get too stressy on the morning of my birthday, getting ready for it - perhaps he'll only hoover the house 3 times then instead of 10million.

My parents are asking me what I'd like for my birthday, and I don't have a clue. Clothes are always a great idea but I've been buying myself lots of those recently. DC and I went into Boots today to look at glasses for him and I ended up trying some on and falling in love with a Raybans pair. I always find it hard to find a pair of glasses that suit me (a bit like jeans really) but I love these ones. I don't wear my current glasses as they're about 6 years old now and 1) I can't see through them very clearly through scratches and an old prescription and 2) DC made the mistake a couple of years ago of telling me that they 'just aren't trendy anymore'. Not that he's the trendsetter he obviously thinks he is, by the way.

So glasses might be a good idea, but I can't believe how expensive they are! the frames / lenses are £199, plus an extra £60 for near-blind people like me to get the lenses thinned enough to actually fit into the frames. Plus I expect I'll have to have an eye test at Boots and I have no idea how much that is any more.

We are off to my sister's birthday meal tonight, a glass of wine will go down very nicely!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment