Sunday 18 August 2013

Horse Day

DC and I have a running joke that every Sunday is horsey day around our village as there always seems to be too many piles of horse poo left around, and 3 or 4 horses always blocking the road.

Anyway, on a completely different note, last week I went to Leicester Races for a hen do (not mine, obviously, DC doesn't look as though he's going to propose for at least a zillion years) and it was such a fun day. It ended with a Peter Andre performance (let's all do the Mysterious Girl sway), which I only stayed for a couple of songs for because I don't know what people see in him, he had an hour set, and it was obvious that Mysterious Girl wasn't coming on until he had gone through his two albums first.

DC is best man for the soon-to-be-married groom and he's getting really nervous now about his speech as the wedding is coming up on 21 September. But he did a bit of work on it last weekend and read out what he had done so far and I was really impressed. Then we watched a couple of 'best best man speech ever' videos on YouTube, followed by Tom from McFly's groom speech which I hadn't seen before and I have to admit it was pretty fab... anyway.

So I was stuck for a dress for it and had my eye on one in Topshop but wasn't sure as I thought as it was cream it'd get filthy really quickly. But then I saw one of the Downton Abbey actresses wearing it and she kind of stole the limelight as it looks fab on her and she's completely gorgeous. But I ordered it anyway and I was so pleased that I did because I completely fell in love with it.


And I managed to keep it clean for the whole day, even if that meant sitting on my legs on the grass and not being able to feel my feet for the next twenty minutes.

So three of us grouped together out of the hens and cheated a bit by covering all of the horses on each race, ensuring that we won every time, with our money rolling over to cover the next race. We put £4 on each and came away with £6 each so that's a £2 win... and a win's a win!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment