Sunday 24 March 2013

Week 6 training roundup...

Week 6
Activities: 5
Distance covered: 20.9 km
Average pace: 7:43 min/km
Calories burned: 1,246
Time spent 2:41:56

So this week I burned 7 calories more than last week, beat my average pace, and was 0.8km short of last week's distance covered. Not bad going for a week that I felt was not going extremely well. 
 
Sunday: 4.04km - 4km moderate run (I skipped the warm up walk)
Monday: 7.43km training plan run - 50 min walk / jog with 5 min walking warmup
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: skipped workout and linked it to Sunday's extra run instead
Thursday: 1.35 km extra run
Friday: 3.63 km training plan run - interval run of 13 x 60 sec run, 60 sec walk
Saturday: 4.48km training plan run - 4km moderate run with 5 min walking warmup
 
I technically didn't really do 5 runs this week, as one of them was a short jog to my weightwatchers class on Thursday, which wasn't exactly a work out. I had a well needed rest day on Tuesday after feeling that I had pushed myself a bit far over the weekend, and I skipped my training plan run on Wednesday in favour for burger and chips with my oldest and dearest friend who was back home for the night from Manchester. I cheated and linked that night's training plan run to my extra run on Sunday... perhaps that was a bit sneaky.
 
I had a really good run on Monday where my 50 min jog took me on my longest distance ever of over 7km - I was really pleased with myself even though half way through I lost my motivation a little when I went the wrong way, ended up down an unfamiliar cul-de-sac and had to turn around and recalculate my bearings!
 
Friday's interval training with my sister was a little less intense to my previous one, and I really enjoyed the slower pace.
 
And Saturday's run was just a completely different kettle of fish. We woke up to a couple of inches of snow on the ground, but went through with our plan to drive to our national park and do our 4km run there.
 
 
The run was not half as pretty as the park looked! This was definitely both the best and worst run I have ever had since I started. It was a great feeling once we had finished, but with all of the open space the wind and snow just kept blowing up into our faces and our caps did nothing to help prevent it. It was freezing cold and much harder to run in the snow than on the usual clear path because so much energy is used up trying to grip to the ground. 
 
As you can see my sister was very enthusiastic!
 
I'm really hoping the weather clears up over the weekend as there's now only 13 days left until our first proper 5km! I can't believe how fast these six weeks have gone by, we've achieved so much already and it's a miracle that we're both still raring to go!
 
Dans


No comments:

Post a Comment