Monday 11 March 2013

When it gets tough...

...I had a really tough run tonight and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. Now on week 5 of our training plan, tonight we moved onto a 4km run - previously we had gone to 3.2, and I'm glad that I ran it with my sister and we went at a nice slow pace - it took 38 mins to do the 4km.

I woke up this morning to see that it had snowed, and along with having a tough day at work the last thing I wanted to do was take the bus to my sister's and run!

It was SO cold outside and just started to snow as we set out so the snow was hittin our faces hard as soon as we started. But we persevered and my sister ran the whole way without stopping - the first time she has done so for so far - and I'm really proud of her. We got more motivated as the Runkeeper updated us km by km, and finally after 4km it was over but it was hard, and we were thankful for the flat surface - no hills!

I think I may have overdone it a bit yesterday as I was aching all day today but not really sure why, as I didn't run faster or further than usual. Now that I've got into home from today I'm aching even more all over so I'm going to jump into a hot shower and straight into my dressing gown!

Another annoying thing is that as I knew I was home alone tonight I bought a 9 points+ Fuller for Longer M&S meal that I was REALLY looking forward to, and when I was on the bus home I realised I had left my food in the fridge at work! How annoying!

After a bad weekend and bad day today I think I'm a bit down in the dumps, I'm glad I managed the run tonight but I think tomorrow definitely calls for a rest day, especially if the weather sticks!

I know I'm bound to have good and bad runs but after tonight I need to make sure that I stay motivated for my next one. I've proved to myself that I can physically do it, but I need to keep up a positive mentally.

How do you cope with your bad runs? Do you shrug it off and start again the next day or do you give yourself a day off to recuperate and reassess what went wrong?

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment