Thursday 14 March 2013

Thursday night weigh in...

I can't say I did great this week and it seems as though my good loss last week was just a one off, never to return!

This week's result...


...and no before you say it I know it's not the worst gain in the world! Well in fact it is the best gain possible if you're a ww member in the UK (I'm jealous that in America they tell you exactly how much you have gained, 0.8lb or whatever!) and maybe it is only a small gain but can you imagine if I didn't burn over 1,400 calories this week exercising... I would have put on 3 or 4!

In all honesty I have only half-tracked this week and I know the main reason why I am not losing properly. DC reckons it's muscle but the fact is that EXERCISE MAKES ME HUNGRY!!! Soooo hungry! And the weird thing is that when I run at night, when I get back in and make dinner I'm not that fussed about eating it, so I've been handing over half to DC. But the morning after, jeez I could eat a horse.

I'm always confused by the way that weightwatchers calculate the activity points. If I was to do a 30 min run, they would tell me I've only earned one point+. ONE!!!! Whereas my sister has a different view on it. We all know that roughly, 1 point+ = 40 cals, and this is pretty trusty if you're stuck in a restaurant or supermarket without any form of ww calculator. So if you eat something for 200 calories and it is 5 points, when you burn 200 calories surely you're burning 5 points?

I don't know. I'm sure there's a scientific explanation that weightwatchers uses to calculate the activity points we earn when we work out. But no wonder I've only just started to exercise - earning 1 point+ for running myself silly for 30 minutes until I'm out of breath and almost throwing up is not really making me dash for my trainers!

So I need to find a happy balance with my eating and exercising. Surely I can't stick solely to 29 points+ a day and exercise as much I am doing - that feels too extreme for me and surely my calorie deficit would be too low. Perhaps if I stuck to both daily and weekly along with my exercise, I should find a happy medium.

Either way, I am still using all of my weeklies up on Friday / Saturday evenings (that feeling of 'ooooh it's a fresh week and I've got millions of weeklies to use, WHERE IS THAT CAKE') and then I only have my dailies left for in the week, which are not enough for when I am doing so much exercise.

I also need to find a good breakfast. At the moment I usually have a crumpet or a bown of cereal before I leave for work, and then have 20g of porridge with skimmed milk and sultanas around 10am at work. But then I am STILL hungry! I just can't find a good balance.

So, I am going to try a filling & healthy week from tomorrow. I've done this a couple of times before and it always makes me feel so much better. I suppose I'm not the kind of person to go absolutely mad on carbs and I still always weigh them on a F&H week, although I feel good about not having to be conscious about splitting mine and DC's potato exactly in half so that I don't use more points on a normal week than I should.

It's also a good way to avoid sugar and desserts for the week, because my weeklies usually get used up on the sauces and extras that you have to use up when having a non 100% F&H meal.


I have armed myself with this week's Your Week from tonight's meeting, which focuses on workplace weight loss, perfect for me this week. I'm also going to have a sneak peak through my sister's Complete Kitchen cookbook for meal inspirations, and remind myself about which foods I can eat for free from the F&H advice booklet. 

Wish me luck for this week, I am going to need it! But I am determined!! (And I can have a gammon steak at the pub on Sunday - perfect!)

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment