Tuesday 19 March 2013

Falling off the wagon...

I always slip up mid-week with my eating habits. It used to be a case of being bad on weekends and good in the week, but lately my bad weekends seem to extend to the end of Wednesday! And I just can't get back on it in time to crawl things back for a good weigh in.

I'm still well on track with my running and I've said before that exercising so much is making me hungry. I also thought that being quiet and perhaps bored / unchallenged in my quiet weeks at work also don't help with my day time snacking, but I have been SO busy at work these last few weeks it's unreal.

I tried on a few dresses yesterday and was so pleased with the way I look in them but even that is not enough motivation to help the snacking at bay.

I have only lost 1.5lbs in the six weeks that I've started running, but my shape has definitely changed and I've got more definition everywhere especially my stomach, and my knees are looking better! But if I am not careful I will undo all of the hard work I've done over the past few weeks.

I started Friday after my weighin with the plan to do a week's Filling & Healthy on weightwatchers instead of the usual plan. My weekend started off great but then I was naughty and decided to see how many points I would have consumed if I was actually counting. So, at the end of Saturday:

Filling & Healthy plan - 34 weeklies used
Regular plan - 10 weeklies used

It is SUCH a huge difference!!! I know F&H gets you eating the right kinds of foods and I'm all for that but with the risk of going over my weekly allowance if I continued on F&H, I decided to switch back to points. I think this has also influenced me falling off of the wagon because I feel as though I let myself down not trying hard enough with a F&H week.

I also can't get a good balance on eating and burning calories / points+ with all of the exercise I'm now doing. If I'm so hungry in the day time then surely I'm not eating enough, and therefore reaching for the snacks. Not eating enough as we all know can also have an adverse affect on weight loss. Someone in my weightwatchers community group on Google+ answered my confusion about activity points by explaining that burning around 80cals equals earning 1 activity point+. So on my run last night that burnt 400cals, I should have earned 5 activity points+. But if I look in my ww material it says that 1hr of moderate activity for my weight/height only burns 2 points+. See the confusion?? I don't know whether to switch to calories to get a better idea of what I'm doing. Or to eat all of my dailies and then count my weeklies in calories not points+, and match them up with the calories I'm burning by running.

Am I thinking about this too much???

A way to help for a fresh start on Friday after weigh-in may be to blog absolutely everything I'm eating for a couple of days, so that it might be easier to see where I am going wrong and to get advice from others about certain foods that may not be right for me.

Anyway, just as I was thinking about my struggles on my lunch break today, I happened to read Tina's Tips for Getting Back on Track post today, which has completely motivated me to try and end my week on a high. Please pop over and give it a read as I'm positive it will motivate you too! Thanks Tina!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment