Monday 11 March 2013

Pick of the week #2

How annoying is it when you fall in love with a dress / skirt / pair of shoes, and then when you try it on you realise that you wish you had left it on the hanger?!

This is exactly what happened to me when I fell for this Topshop dress last week.

Texture stripe shift dress, £38, Topshop

I spotted it on my lunch break but didn't have time to try it on, and I also wanted to know that I really wanted it before I parted with my cash. This was confirmed when I found myself still thinking about it the next day, so off I trotted back to Topshop keeping my fingers crossed that they had it in my size - and they did!

I was so excited to try it on... and as soon as I managed to pull the zip up, the dream was shattered!! Obviously I wasn't expecting to look quite so fabulous in it as this model, but with all the running I have been doing and with the feeling that my body is changing shape I thought I may at least be able to pull it off.


Okay so perhaps it doesn't look as bad as I am making it out... but it just didn't fit right, with the seam on the waist giving the effect of a rounder stomach from the front view - if the seam was pulled straighter then it would have been much more flattering in my opinion.
 
My search for the perfect dress to spend this month's clothes budget on continues!
 
Dans

1 comment:

  1. It looks amazing. You are being too critical. It's wonderful that you can successfully wear that type of dress.

    :-) Marion

    ReplyDelete