Saturday 16 March 2013

The filling & healthy way...

So I stuck to my filling & healthy plan yesterday, and even though I had 17 weeklies/non F&H foods, I feel so much better! I had so much more energy snacking on fruit and didn't get my usual 3pm energy slump at my desk.

Porridge was 20g oats with skimmed milk and sultanas (1), and for lunch I had a beetroot, ham and egg salad with a dash of mayo (1).


Snacks were a banana and and packet of mango.

For dinner we cooked up a spaghetti bolognaise with quorn, onions, peppers, mushrooms, sweetcorn and pasta sauce (2). I had 2 slices of garlic bread because I just couldn't resist (4). It was yum!


For pudding I completely cheated...


...but it was amazing!! (9)

If you cheat, and do what they tell you not to do and count up the points+ for today's food then it would have used 32 points+, so only 3 weeklies, instead of the 17 weeklies I've used by doing it the filling and healthy way. But I do think it makes me stop snacking on pointed things throughout the day, and makes me feel all round healthier and more positive towards the weightwatchers plan.

I even resisted a sweet when DC bought a whole bag of Haribo and demolished them last night!

This morning I went for a 4km run with my sister before coming home to cook bacon medallions, scrambled egg and plum tomatoes on 2 slices of granary toast (4). I was so ravenous that I ate it before remembering to take a picture!

Lunch at my nanas is usually a ham or cheese cob but I have made my own egg , mushroom, sweetcorn and ham salad, which is all free on F&H. Usually my auntie bakes up a chocolate delight but as I've given up chocolate for lent, that makes it easier to say no to.

Dinner tonight is homemade turkey burgers and I'm surprised to see that turkey mince isn't F&H, so we are going to buy turkey breasts instead to pop in the blender. I will have rice (4) but no bun for my burger so tonight should be a good healthy meal too.

I feel like I'm on a roll!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment