Friday 8 March 2013

Thursday night weigh in

I've been a weightwatchers member since January 2009, finding that I was putting more and more weight on due to constantly indulging at uni, which I think is the case for most of us!

My friend and mum also wanted to lose weight so off we trotted to our nearest weightwatchers meeting. Obviously back then it was the original points plan, and I found it quite easy to follow although I can't say I was ever really a saint and followed it completely strictly every day.

It took me nine months to go from 10st 7lb to my goal of 9st 5lb, and was sent my Gold membership card on 13 October 2009!


I actually found my card the other day and was surprised that it had survived two house moves and a messy me. Finding it also came at a good time because it gave me some good motivation to get my bum in order and get back on the plan!

I have always gone to meetings every couple of weeks since I got to goal, but some weeks I will follow the plan well and other weeks fall off the wagon.

Lately I've found a new love for recipes and home made cooking (it is a running "joke" that I apparently can't cook although they can't say that any more!) and it's made me love the points+ plan again.

But I still haven't really been able to get down from the high numbers I've been weighing in at since January, unable to get off all of the pounds from those mince pies at Christmas!

With all of the running I have started doing, I was crossing my fingers that it would start to show, and eventually on week 4 it has. Last night I lost 1.5lb and weighed in at 9st 8.5lb. This is the lowest I've been in a long time!

Only 3.5lbs to go to get back to goal, plus a few more just to feel a bit more comfortable. After last night I feel motivated again, and I know I can do it.

I've started following quite a few weight loss journeys on blogger now and am really enjoying reading how you all deal with your points+ plans so differently.

Next week I'm aiming for 1lb off, so I need to stay focused and hopefully I will soon be summer ready!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment