Tuesday 24 September 2013

The wedding of the year

Blogger has finally decided to reboot hurrah! 

Sunday's post:::

Yesterday was one of the highlights of my year. Right up there with the day I discovered Henry Cavill.

This was my outfit



A proper photo for once thanks sis ;) it didn't take me long to find DC when I got there, he was the one  pacing the hotel grounds with a few a4 sheets of paper in his hands. 


Doesn't he scrub up well??? He looked pretty yummy to me once I had sorted out his tie and the lady who made the button holes had repinned it on correctly ;)


One last rehearsal before it was time to go. 


Caption- DC to the groom "you do realise what you're signing up for here don't you?????"

KIDDING. 


We don't make too much of a bad couple I reckon ;) I thought it was best to get the pretty photos out of the way before the champagne started flowing. 


30 seconds after I took this photo you could see me running up to the groom for him to spit his chewing gum into my hand, really I am a good friend who goes to great lengths to keep the bride happy ;)


The ceremony was beautiful and the readings from both mothers made my wedding date and I completely teary. I had not brought any tissues and was just shy of asking the row behind for a spare. 


Talk of my wedding date here she is looking beautiful as ever. We had so much fun entertaining babies and trying (failing) to keep the boys in check. 


Our wedding favours were too cute and completely yum. Mini cake in a jar? They know me too well 



I am biased but this was pretty much the best 11 minutes of my life. He did so great and didn't falter once. He got a bit emotional towards the end and it took some fresh air afterwards to get him back to normal. I think the pressure and emotion of the day got the better of him, he had to cope with his nerves until gone 6pm bless him. His speech was funny and cute and embarrassing for the groom to the right degree so everyone was very proud of him afterwards and the congratulations lasted about an hour. Go DC!

After this it was time to put the camera away and have a couple (few) drinks. I had the best day ever and I can't believe after 18 months that it's over. I can't wait to see the wedding photos especially to see whether we pulled off the heart shape guest photo on the lawn. 

Congratulations Mr & Mrs King!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment