Friday 20 September 2013

Run like there's someone chasing you, the best lunch hour & the big weekend

Today so far has been a mixed bag:

Woke up late (expected)
Still felt absolutely terrible (expected)
Great day at work (unexpected)
Fabulous lunch break (unexpected)
Didn't feel like running (expected)
Best run of my life (unexpected)

Let's start with the run. I love surprising myself by having an absolutely fantastic run. Today I was running like someone was chasing me, and I even tried to slow myself down after worrying that my chances of a heart attack were rapidly increasing but my legs had their own game plan that was different to my head. 


There's no better feeling for me than a <30 min 5km run. I wish I could pinpoint the exact time that I hit 5km but I was concentrating on finishing the last 20 seconds or so without either being sick or fainting and falling into the road. 

30 minutes 
1/8 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace
2/8 Wednesday: 4.67km, 6:26min/km av pace
3/8 Friday: 5.09km, 5:54min/km av pace
4/8 Monday: 4.73km, 6:21min/km av pace
5/8 Saturday: 4.74km, 6:20min/km av pace
6/8 Tuesday: 4.64km, 6:28min/km av pace
7/7 Friday: 5.06km, 5:57min/km av pace

Not bad at all for a run I could have easily slacked off until tomorrow morning. 

I went out into town at lunch with my friend and we had such a great lunch break. There is a strict criteria for a lunch break to officially be classed as great in my opinion:
1. It doesn't rain
2. It involves retail therapy
3. It involves food
4. It involves freebies
5. It involves friends (this should come first) 

Today's lunch hour hit the spot. 

1. It didn't rain. 

2. I bought this gorgeous dress from Henry Holland to get me through my Autumn nights out and it had 25% off. The cost per wear on this £26 frock is going to be excellent. And I feel GOOD in it. 


Apologies for the worst outfit photo ever but I don't have a great mirror or any friends to take my photo right now. 

3. This mysterious bag and cup contain the best things you can ever buy from Costa coffee - a tiffin cake and a Terry's chocolate orange mocca latte. 


No this did not help me on my run but it was an amazing idea at 1pm. 

4. For the next couple of weeks you can get a free hand cream from the Body Shop with a Voucher Codes code. No purchase necessary. 


Yes my work desk does need a good scrub. 

5. My friend C is actually the best. 

SO. TOMORROW. THE BIG DAY. 

it's our friend's wedding that we have been waiting for only since the beginning of time. I can't wait to see the bride and groom, can't wait to spend the day with my wedding date - the other best man's girlfriend, and I CAN'T WAIT to hear DC's speech. I know he is going to be fantastic. He has practised and practised and it's so funny so fingers crossed I'm not the only one that's laughing. I will secretly try and get a recording in so I can show everyone how fantastically great he is. 

I think this will be my outfit:


A second apology there for the rubbish photo. 

So DC is with the groom and best man tonight and I am home alone but do not fear, I have my favourite m&s dinner:


I also have this to tuck in to:


I promise the spoon was only put there for the photo opp and there's only a 99% chance that I may devour the whole lot. 

NOT TO MENTION I'm not even lonely tonight because I am spending the evening with my second boyfriend:


Watching Joaquin Phoenix in The Master. 

So I am sorted. After I do two loads of washing, the washing up, and a bit of a kitchen clean. There is a 110% chance I won't get round to this. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment