Monday 2 September 2013

How many days until the weekend

Today summed up In one word is HECTIC. Work was so crazy busy but I liked it. Everyone in the business, we are talking 24,000 people here, moved over to a new email platform today and me being one of the trained 'Champions' was inundated with calls all day. 

I didn't eat my ham salad until 3pm, had no fruit, and only had one glass of water all day and I think this really impacted on my first run of the week. 

Week 3 - 30 minutes 
1/4 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace

It was tough, but I enjoyed it. My shin was playing up towards the end of my run but it tends to clear up between runs so I'm hoping I can shake it off. There were a lot of runners out on the trail today and it was really motivating. I knew a run would be a good idea today to clear my mind from a busy day at work so I'm glad I went. 

I prepared this harissa chicken meal before I left and just left it to cook with DC in charge of stirring it every 5 mins.


It looks a bit mushy but it's actually delicious. It's originally from the weightwatchers Sept mag. It's just chicken thighs, butternut squash, harissa pasta, green beans, chicken stock and bulgar wheat. You cook the chicken off first before adding everything to the pan before simmering it until the juice is absorbed and the squash is cooked. It's DELICIOUS. 

All topped off with one of my favourite naughty desserts ever. 


The plan for the rest of the evening is to lay on the sofa and watch Broadwalk Empire. Perfect plan for a Monday night!

Dans x


1 comment:

  1. Mm, your dinner looks GOOD! And I know what you mean about today...
    I hope the rest of the week is calmer x

    ReplyDelete