Wednesday 4 September 2013

Oh, to be a cow...

Tonight's run was a bit of a naughty run. I was hoping to take it easy but at the same time, beat my time from 1/4. I spent the first half of the run texting my friend. I wouldn't really recommend it, because although it makes the time go fast, it made me slow down and probably look like I was running Phoebe style too. 


Although as you can see, she had some wise words of encouragement for me. 

Half way just as I was about to turn around, I had to pause to let a couple of cyclists past so it was the perfect opportunity to grab this lovely photo. 


I wish I could graze all day, drink crap loads of water and lay down whenever and wherever I felt like it. Oh, the life of a cow. I'm sure they never think "hey maybe I should run to that fence and back to run off the packet of minstrels I demolished on my 3pm energy slump". I also bet they never worry about how big their bum is or how frizzy their hair gets in the rain. Although I wouldn't be too excited about a grass based diet, just think about how many stomachs you have to hide all of that bad food in.

Week 3 - 30 minutes 
1/4 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace
2/4 Wednesday: 4.67km, 6:26min/km av pace

I beat my distance by 0.01km. Any improvement is a plus, no matter how small, that's what I say. But I  called it a naughty run because I spent the last 10 minutes attempting to make up for my slow half. It wasn't a wise idea because now my shin is playing up big time and I'm getting to the point where I know that either a) resting or b) a 7.00min/km average run are the only two options that I have for the rest of the week. It's much worse than I can remember it ever being before - it was always just a niggle on my shin bone but now it's moved to the side and my muscle is so tender arghh. 

I got in from my run to 3 mobile and 1 house phone missed calls from my mum, and when I called back I got the news that my Gramps has been nee-nar'd into the hospital. His health has deteriorated a lot recently and he has trouble breathing. My parents are on their way to the hospital now so while I wait for news I'm going to run a hot shower and put on the weekend's XFactor to keep my mind off of it. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment