Friday 27 September 2013

Survival guide

I am one if those people who when they are ill, 1) do not like filling their body with tablets and 2) moan a little bit too much about being ill in the hope that they will gather a teeny ounce of sympathy from their boyfriend. 

2 was not successful as I've just go in from work and sneezed four times in a row but DC is too busy practising his Fifa skills to make me a cuppa. To be honest I don't blame him for the lack of sympathy because I once counted 31 sneezes in a row from DC and that was even without a cold. Party trick ;)

My survival guide from the last 2 days:

1) catching up on my favourite blog


I'm so thankful this lady posts multiple times a day because I don't know what I would do without my twice-daily feed of her greatness. She has a zillion followers already but get over there www.hungryrunnergirl.com

2)


It may be a bit warm lately but this jacket is an extension of a blanket and it's keeping me feeling on the right side of sane (and snuggly)

3)

Food


Butternut squash and Stilton risotto


Not to mention this chocolate torte topped with all of my favourite things.

I think I am relying on food way too much to zonk my stinking cold but that's a post for another day. 

I'm out with the girls tonight for our monthly catchup and although I predict I will be fast asleep back in my bed by midnight, I'm looking forward to putting some nice clothes on and feeling half decent. 

Maybe I'll manage a run tomorrow????

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment