Monday 9 September 2013

A weekend of sleeping & eating

I didn't get around to finishing my weekly run this week. I think Friday's amazing run completely ruined me, not that it wasn't worth it. So today I ended off my week with an easy run that turned out pretty hard. 

Week 3 - 30 minutes 
1/4 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace
2/4 Wednesday: 4.67km, 6:26min/km av pace
3/4 Friday: 5.09km, 5:54min/km av pace
4/4 Monday: 4.73km, 6:21min/km av pace

It actually wasn't a pretty bad run for the start of the week.


I took a different route than usual to the next village. It's a straight road down but it looks pretty flat and this is where it's deceiving. It seems flat when you're driving but running down you realise you're gradually going downhill, and the dreaded feeling arrives when you turn around when you figure it's now a constant slight uphill for the rest of the way home. It was TOUGH. I kept my eye on a runner in the distance and before I knew it I was up the hill and finally back on a downwards path towards my village. 

I had the strongest craving for this meal all through the day so I made the genius decision to end my run close to the co-op to buy some cheese, and the even more genius decision to put the jacket potatoes in the oven before I left for my run so that they were amazingly crispy by the time I got home. 


Perfect comfort food for how I was feeling today. 

Friday was spent watching Picture Perfect and waiting up to pick up DC and his friends at 1am. I got into bed around 2am and we ended up sleeping in on Saturday. We spent all day watching Boardwalk Empire and I fell asleep for a nap 3-6pm which is something I have never ever done in my life but definitely a new habit that I could easily pick up as it's the best idea in the world. 

We went to our friend's house for a dinner party in the evening and she cooked an amazing risotto for 8 people, she's a super-friend. The best bit is yet to come. Risotto was followed by HOMEMADE BANOFFEE PIE. I wish I had taken a pic, and the recipe. We didn't get home until 12.30am so Sunday was also a bit of a sleep in before we dragged ourselves food shopping, visited my Gramps in hospital and went to DC's mum's for a yum roast. We left earlier than planned because we are so tired from our weekend of sleeping and eating, which I can promise you was much more interesting than cleaning my house. These weekends are the best. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment