Sunday 29 September 2013

The best weekend v2

I seem to be having a lot of best weekends ever, which is most definitely a good thing. There are four of us who get together every month and usually we stay in with wine and gossip but we realised we hadn't been outside of our houses together since January so we set a date for this well overdue catchup. 

My friend and I still had the most awful colds and we were this >..< close to cancelling but manned up and knew we'd feel better once we got out. 

This was my outfit:


Forty minutes before this photo was taken I was in my dressing gown with a cuppa on the sofa. 

Ads was our hostess with the mostest. 


I can confirm she didn't go out in her dressing gown but she definitely had the right idea. Look at the amazing nibbles spread she put on for us - definitely the sign of a good friend. 


This photo highlights how absolutely beautiful my friends are. Blessed with good genes. 


I think this has become my absolute favourite photo in history. I can't remember what we were laughing at but this is definitely one for the frame. 

We very much enjoyed our cocktails in the Slug and Lettuce. We started with a skinny mojito - no night is ever complete for me if it doesn't include one of these (spiced vanilla is my favourite). 



This lady used to do my PA job before I took over. She carried on working for the company for a while and we became really amazing friends. I am not the kind of friend who texts all the time and I am definitely not good on the phone but on our monthly meetups it really does feel as though its only been 20 seconds since I saw her last and this is the best kind of friendship. 

I do have to say that a cold + a few drinks and 2am bed time = delirious Saturday. I was SO poorly with my cold yesterday but I managed a few hours shopping trip with DC so he could pick his birthday present and pick up some new clothes. 


Dressing for comfort was my #1 priority. 

As well as filling up with a good breakfast of course. 


I crashed out on the sofa for XFactor but was quite delirious and can't remember going to bed. I felt bad this morning but we got out of the house to visit family and felt better for the fresh air. We are currently on the way to taking our friends to the airport and my plan for after this is to eat half healthy food and crash out in time for Downton Abbey and another busy week at work. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment