Monday 16 September 2013

My idea of cross training

I'm taking a different approach to running now that I've had a busy week; I'm going to continue to run 30 minutes for another 4 runs before moving up to 35 minutes. By keeping at the same timed runs for a bit longer, I think it'll stop my shin from hurting again now that it's finally calmed down, and the gradual incline will hopefully make me stronger. 

30 minutes 
1/8 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace
2/8 Wednesday: 4.67km, 6:26min/km av pace
3/8 Friday: 5.09km, 5:54min/km av pace
4/8 Monday: 4.73km, 6:21min/km av pace
5/8 Saturday: 4.74km, 6:20min/km av pace

Saturday's run was really strong and my second best run so far. It felt great and I didn't have any niggles. Sometimes I wonder whether leaving a bit longer between my runs makes my next one stronger, but then as soon as I accept this theory I go on another run with heavy legs, so it's still a mystery to me ;)

I didn't run on Sunday, I took my friend for a big nandos and we saw this brilliant film:


I actually had no idea what it was about before I saw it, but anything with Rachel McAdams is good by me (I conceded a couple of years ago that I will never be her and my chances with Ryan Gosling are seriously diminished but there's still chance yet ;) ) I didn't even realise it was a British film and I recommend you go and see it because it's an adorable love story but also hilariously funny. 

I was going to miss out the fact that I also had a Chinese takeaway in the evening but I'm not a good liar so shoot me :)

I was back on the healthy wagon today ready for our friends' wedding at the weekend. DC's best man speech is sounding amazing and I can't wait to hear it and secretly record it but don't tell him that. I was so crazy busy at work today that I skipped breakfast, had a banana at 12.30pm for breakfast and then a ham salad and packet of crisps saw me though to starvation at 6pm where a 9 Bar saved my life. I had a swim date with my sister at 8pm and dinner wasn't ready quite in time, I figured today wasn't my day to sink in the deep end with a stomach full of chicken so I saved my dinner until afterwards and called my sister at 8pm from the gym car park to hear the words "oh s*** I fell asleep". I was actually tempted to drive home and took three steps towards my car before sucking it up and turning around. 

I had an AMAZING swim. Just 30 lengths as I was sooo hungry but I parked up at 8pm and drove out at 8.30pm so I reckon I did 30 in 26 minutes. I'm sure that running has made my swimming SO much stronger. I wasn't out of breath and even though my arms were aching by length 6 it wasn't hard to forget about it and push through. Not bad for someone who couldn't swim until she was 16!

I wonder if I will get up to run in the morning? Will this be my morning? The cold mornings say no but I may try my best ;)

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment