Tuesday 17 September 2013

Another run and a fat lasagne

Today's Runkeeper motivation message really hit the mark:


It was raining tonight and I'm not feeling any better but I knew that if I held off a run until tomorrow, the circumstances would be exactly the same. I was hoping for a dry autumn but it doesn't look as though the rain is going to stop until at least August ;) so on went my cap and waterproof and out I went for a muddy trail run. 

30 minutes 
1/8 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace
2/8 Wednesday: 4.67km, 6:26min/km av pace
3/8 Friday: 5.09km, 5:54min/km av pace
4/8 Monday: 4.73km, 6:21min/km av pace
5/8 Saturday: 4.74km, 6:20min/km av pace
6/8 Tuesday: 4.64km, 6:28min/km av pace

It was my slowest run out of the lot but I'm happy with that. I went out with the thought that this was just going to be a good jog to get me out and about in the fresh air. A slow run is definitely better than no run at all and I would have only wasted the half hour on the sofa playing a dot to dot game on my iPad that I'm completely addicted to. 

The best thing about this run was the finish line. The even better thing about this run was the hot shower afterwards. I loved running in the rain and mud today. Two separate runners passed ,e and both said hi, I told you it was a great run. 

Perhaps my run was impeded slightly by this amazing breakfast


But the chocolatey goodness was worth it. 

I made up for it with a healthy lunch and some recipe inspiration 


This was after I got soaked in the rain running to get it. Wet two times in a day, this is coming from a girl who used to be paranoid about her appearance but really doesn't give a monkeys anymore :)

I've just demolished a huge lasagne courtesy of DC's mum and I'm going to spend the rest of the evening having cuddles with my bestest friend:


Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment