Saturday 5 October 2013

Trouble with Topshop sizes & happy birthday Dad!!

Yesterday after work I drove straight to the swimming baths and threw a few shapes in the form of 30 lengths. It set me up well for a meal out for DC's sister's birthday. I was designated driver and we had a lovely Italian and a few (soft for me) drinks in a bar where you can pull your own pints on your table. 


I love this beautiful lady. This is DC's brother's girlfriend and she is one of the most lovely people up you will ever meet in your whole entire life. I have never met anyone who has as much kindness in their heart as this girl. She is studying for a fashion degree plus she works at Topshop so it's a no brainier really that we're friends. 

Oh and BTW I had just got this jacket back from the dry cleaners and then put it down on the side in the loo and covered it in water less than 12 hours later, so I think I will be off to the dry cleaners again on Monday morning. 


Sometimes you can really tell they are brothers but maybe not last night, what do you think???

--------------------

Everyone knows that Topshop makes me happy. Topshop makes my bank manager nervous. Topshop makes my wardrobe sparkle. Yes I'm a materialistic girl, shoot me. 

But the one thing that annoys me about Topshop (apart from their prices sometimes) is their awful sizing. I've seen it time and time again - DC will try on some jeans in the store, think about it for a day or two, order the same item online, only for it to be delivered and not fit. As in, completely too small. 

It's never happened to me before until today. I tried on these jeans in store a few weeks ago. 


I loved them but bought some Miss Selfridge ones instead because I really wanted grey jeans and they had sold out in Leigh grey. But I bought them in the week with 20% off and couldn't wait to collect them today to wear to lunch. 

I couldn't even get them past my thighs. 

I was so disappointed, now I have to take them back in the week and probably take a few pairs into the changing room to try on. I don't understand how Topshop can get their sizing so wrong and it's really annoying that you buy exactly the same item twice, for one to fit and another to be more than a few inches out. So no new lunch jeans for me. 

--------------------

This morning my sis & I took a trip into town for breakfast and shopping. 


Beautiful sis. 

I bought a few presents for DC's birthday next week - I can't tell you what they are as I have no idea whether he reads my blog or not, a present for my dad's birthday tomorrow and treated myself to a new Clinique eyebrow pencil as I had ran out. A trip to the Clinique counter always makes me happy especially when I have a gift card and my purchase only actually costs me £1.


My sis fell in love with this Henry Holland jumper and it looks so cute on her. My sis has lost 4.5stone with weightwatchers and I know she feels amazing shopping in any store she wants to now. She looks amazing. 

I got home just in time to change and leave for my Dad's birthday lunch. They have fallen In love with our local pub and we try and go there every few weeks so it was only down the road for us. He is 46 tomorrow!!!!! And he's the best dad ever. 


This is my favourite meal here. Cajun cod with tartare mash and veg. 


My sis got this cake made for him. Good job he supports Liverpool then!


He was only pretending to blow the candles out here because he tricked us all and blew them quickly before the cameras were ready. I think he was wishing for Liverpool to keep up their 3-0. 

I had a nap when we got home but I don't think it was a great idea to eat a big meal plus icing (mum eats the cake, I eat the icing - our tradition because out of all the cake choices in the world why would you waste calories on a simple sponge?) and then nap and then run. My stomach was abit full and it was a really tough run, my legs just didn't want to move. 

BUT I completed my mission to exercise every day this week, and it feels GREAT. The mix of swimming and running really works for me. 

Monday: 30 min / 30 length swim
Tuesday: 30 min / 30 length swim
Wednesday: 30 min run
Thursday: 5km run
Friday:  30 min / 30 length swim
Saturday: 5km run

Rest day tomorrow and although I know I should rest, I'm raring to go to get my 5kms completed. 

Thursday: 5.00km / 31:06 / 6:13min per km av pace
Saturday: 5.00km / 31:12 / 6:14min per km av pace

Hopefully I'll hit a 30min 5km by the end of these runs!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment