Wednesday 2 October 2013

A week of workouts

This week I am tackling my workouts. Next week it is the diet (I just can't stop eating). So I've made a promise with myself to do one 30 minute workout every day this week, up to a rest day on Sunday. I'm not car sharing this week and next so I've been able to swim after work. Swim = happy Dani even with all the kids in the pool. The only time I don't enjoy swim is lengths 27-30 when I seem to lose strength and knock a contact out at the same time as swallowing 2 litres of water. 

Monday: 30 min / 30 length swim
Tuesday: 30 min / 30 length swim
Wednesday: 30 min run

It has only taken me a zillion weeks to complete 8x 30min runs. 

30 minutes 
1/8 Monday: 4.66km, 6:27min/km av pace
2/8 Wednesday: 4.67km, 6:26min/km av pace
3/8 Friday: 5.09km, 5:54min/km av pace
4/8 Monday: 4.73km, 6:21min/km av pace
5/8 Saturday: 4.74km, 6:20min/km av pace
6/8 Tuesday: 4.64km, 6:28min/km av pace
7/8 Friday: 5.06km, 5:57min/km av pace
8/8 Wednesday: 4.61km, 6:31min/km av pace

Today's run was the slowest out of the bunch but at least I got out there for the first time in nearly a fortnight and completed it. My breathing and energy is definitely not back up to 100% but I feel so much better than I did at the weekend. 

I am going to try my hardest to wake up early tomorrow and run. I really really want to test how I feel throughout the day after a morning run and I need to remember to ignore the warm comfy feeling of my bed at 6am and drag myself out to the wind and rain. I have the girls round tomorrow night more or less straight after work so the morning is my only chance to keep to my target of a workout a day for a week. 

I will succeed!!!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment