Saturday 19 October 2013

Rain, rain, go away



I can't believe that 1 hour after this beautiful photo was taken, it was thundering, lightening and lashing it down like no tomorrow. It was a lovely sunny and warm day all day, my run was mega hot and then as we were standing in the garden afterwards, you could hear the downpour making its way over from the left and suddenly it was like Armageddon. I'm not exaggerating. Everyone was looking out of their windows and the toddler across the road was seriously loving the thunderstorms. 

I was just about to leave the house when it happened so I waited to see if it would cool off. I just ended up going for it. Well that was an eventful drive. Only 10 minutes of torrential downpour = flooded village. I checked with DC what I should do if I got into trouble with the water so I was well equipped and don't worry mum, I checked my breaks every time I went into a river (every 5 mins (yes ok river, I was exaggerating there)). 

I made it over to my friend's house in one piece and we cooked the most amazing curry known to mankind. 


Slightly strange to have it with g-bread but I couldn't say no :) this curry is a one pan, so easy to make, in goes chicken thigh (cutting that up seriously puts me off) then add onions, turmeric, cumin, chilli powder, garlic, ginger, stock, pomegranate juice, dried apricots, raisins, rice, coriander and let it all simmer for 40 minutes = perfect curry. You're supposed to chuck pomegranate seeds over the top but do you know how expensive they are!

We settled down to watch the XFactor which was completely terrible but I don't think we will ever stop watching it, if only for Dermot who I completely love with all of my heart. 

So we didn't make it to Thornton reservoir because we didn't get up until 10:30am but I really needed that lie in. We chilled all morning and braved food shopping before I tackled my run about 3:30pm. IT WAS SO HARD. I don't particularly like running in the heat and it was a bit too warm for me today plus my legs were threatening to completely give up on my by km 3. But I persevered even with another shin flare up and it felt pretty good when I was done. 

1/4 Friday 5.50km / 34:32 / 6:17min per km av pace
2/4 Saturday 5.50km / 33:42 / 6:07min per km av pace

I was running a lot better than I thought I was at the time, so I forgive my legs for dying on me half way through as I was obviously pushing them harder than yesterday. Not a bad time at all!! I was so glad I didn't schedule a run any later else it would had been cancelled with the weather. 

Swimming tomorrow morning if I get up, as I'm holding out for Celeb Juice at 11pm........ Hi Dermy;) to be honest if I could skip 10:00am-7:00pm tomorrow I would, as Sundays bring washing, house cleaning and tidying up. If anyone is listening and could skip me straight to Downton Abbey that would be fantastic. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment