Friday 18 October 2013

I wish every run could end with...

My aim of the game today was to have a really positive day. I wish every run could end with picking up your River Island shoe delivery from the post office. 


I would take a photo of my new boots but I can't put them on because I've still not had a shower even though my run was 4 hours ago...

Today was a really good day and just what I needed. A productive day all round with a new job applied for, a new shirt, new shoes, and this:


I have no idea why I have never tried a spiced pumpkin latte before. I made it my mission to have one this year and they finally launched this week. It took about 3 seconds to convert me, I think this will be my drink now until the sun comes back out. I thought I thoroughly deserved an egg sandwich too to contribute to my positive day today. Egg sandwiches always make me happy. 

After work I tackled a 5.5km run. It went really well because I found a new route and had plenty on my mind, which both made the run go more quickly than usual. My shin was playing up a little so I clicked off my runkeeper and decided that I would not concentrate on my pace or time and just run for fun. This is the furthest I have run in a while and even though it wasn't my fastest, I felt it was pretty strong all throughout, made better by some old gentlemen walking their dogs and telling me to keep it up and they would join me if they were 40 years younger. 

1/4 Friday 5.50km / 34:32 / 6:17min per km av pace

I'm looking forward to the rest of the plan and hopefully it won't be too long before I move up to 6.0km, I'm actually feeling very positive at the moment about getting into longer runs, although I'm 100% certain I may feel differently when it starts to rain again ;) good job I still have my gym membership as I think the treadmill will come in handy soon. 

I had a great cool down after my run by walking another 2km around the village to visit my friend and pick up my package. I love walking through the village at night when it's peaceful and the exercise endorphins are still running high. 

Tomorrow morning DC and I are going to drive to a reservoir near to us to have a run there. It will be a great change of scenery and I was told at work today that it's a 1.8 mile loop, so twice round should see me through. Then we can go for breakfast yum. Sunday I am planning to get to the swimming baths for 9am and cross my fingers it's not too busy. Get me having set plans to exercise, that must mean I actually enjoy it after all;)

I think I succeeded in making today as positive as it could be. Food, clothes and exercise... What more do you need?

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment