Tuesday 22 October 2013

Swim + half term = mardy Monday

DC and I were in the pool for 9am Sunday and the best part was when we had a race and I won;) the pool was lovely and quiet so the swim went really well. The rest of Sunday was filled with cleaning the house, taking my new boots back to the shop :( and demolishing DC's mum's roast dinner. 

This week at work has been much better than last, I kind of feel good about it again. My sis & I skipped the women's night swim last night and instead went straight after work instead, but even though I obviously knew it was half term as my sis and DC are off work, we forgot that half term = nightmare swim. And it was. I only managed 28 lengths before completely giving up because there was absolutely nowhere to swim for all of the kids messing around and splashing. 

Today I had a run planned but after speaking to DC I decided to give my shin a rest and make today my rest day. I'm going to swim today and tomorrow and run on Friday before resting for the weekend because I'm off to Manchester to see my oldest and dearest friend for the weekend. 

I think 2 runs a week is good for the moment as during and since Saturday's run my leg has really been playing up and I don't want to make it any worse to the point of not being able to run altogether. I'm also soooo tired that I knew if I forced myself out there it would make me feel better and not worse. 

In my lunch hour yesterday I started reading the new Bridget Jones book and I absolutely love it. I was unsure at first and kept it on my iPad for over a week before deciding to go for it. I loved the first two books and first film so I wasn't sure how I felt about Bridget being older and Darcy being gone! But it's such an easy read and I'm really enjoying it; it's made me laugh out loud a good few times. 

(Goodreads.com)

Tonight's dinner is the leftover chilli from what DC and I cooked up last night, the same weightwatchers recipe as the one my sis & I cooked last week although I am happy to report there's no sodium overload in this one;) instead I did go a little overboard with the chilli powder but hot is good for us. 

Back to Bridget...

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment