Thursday 17 October 2013

A mixed week

This week has been bad in that I've had a couple of personal things going on, and work has been a bit stressy too. I don't like to mention work too much on my blog but something came up yesterday where  my colleague / friend was really aggressive to me and I feel as though it's definitely knocked my confidence. For the first time in a long time I dreaded going into work, and I don't like to be like that because I love my job and I know that I'm good at it too. I wish I could have run off my stress head but I've not actually had time to run since my last Wednesday one. 

The good thing about this week is that it's been full of amazing food. But not really much exercise, which I need to get back on top of. 

Thursday - 30min swim
Friday - 10 mile charity walk
Sat - none
Sun - none
Mon - none
Tue - 30min swim
Wed - none
Thur - none

So even thought I blame this on DC because we were out for his birthday on Sat, Sun and Mon, I have to admit Weds was completely my fault as I just didn't want to run in the rain. Tomorrow is going to be the start of a good few days of exercise. 

So last Saturday after I had come home from London, visited my grandparents, and had a 3 hour nap to get over the nightwalk, DC's bro and cousin came around with their partners to celebrate his birthday. We were planning to go out but the weather was so atrocious that we stayed in and cooked lots of pizza instead, and us girls had the most amazing in depth serious (see drunk) conversation about everything in life you can possibly imagine. Mostly we were talking about how we feel about ourselves both physically and emotionally, and it's interesting how self conscious someone can feel about themselves when all you can see what you look at them is a beautiful confident woman. We came to the conclusion that we may not be 18 years old anymore but we are definitely in the prime of our lives and if we don't feel good about ourselves now then when will we be???


Here I am in my new Topshop dress although it does happen to make me look a few months pg. 

Sunday we went to an Italian restaurant to celebrate DC and his mum's birthday and I had a yum lasagne (but didn't want to take a pic because I'm still not at that stage yet where I'm past caring about whether people would look at me strangely).

Fast forward a bit of a rubbish week (and a funny sodium-overload on Tuesday), and tonight was my turn to cook in our bake off so I made this tempting looking recipe from the latest Sainsburys magazine. 


It's not a great pic so BTW it is spaghetti with meatballs, mushrooms, lemon and breadcrumbs. I had been looking forward to cooking it all week and it definitely didn't disappoint. 


It was the easiest meal ever to make, the spaghetti, meatballs, onion & mushrooms were all cooked off before it all came together with the zest of 1 and juice of 2 lemons, parsley, and garlic & herb soft cheese. The breadcrumbs were toasted under the grill with some lemon zest and parsley, and even though it was simple it was really tasty and I'd definitely make it again. I've never had chestnut mushrooms before but I am converted. 

I'm really looking forward to having a relaxing weekend. I can't wait to switch off from work, de-stress and get some good exercise in (even in the rain) because I know these 3 things will make me feel a million times better. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment