Friday 4 October 2013

The real reason why I run

So this is the real reason why I run:


I pick up goodies for our bake off night once a month when the farmers market comes into town. My friend heads for the burger tent and me for the cake tent. These amazing treats were either peanut butter flapjacks or Oreo chocolate cookies. I try to feed my guests full of other people's amazing homemade treats before I start cooking so that they won't notice if my meals are awful :)

Now that I've completed 8x 30 min runs, my next plan is 4x 5km runs. Note that I know this plan is not going to make me the fastest, strongest runner in the world (and I hate speed work) so the aim of the game is to just get out there in the fresh air and improve my fitness and distance. 

Maybe after these runs are over I should look for a training plan on the internet to help my improvement, I was fond of Runkeeper's 10km plan but they charge now. 

I didn't get up for my 6am run. But I was true to my word and ran after work. It was the hardest run ever, I think I got it wrong assuming it was colder than it actually was and so my long sleeved top made me way too hot only about 5 minutes in. I really struggled and felt like I needed to give up. Mostly it was my breathing but for the last 1.5km my legs just didn't want to run anymore. I made it to 5km though although slightly deliriously. 

Thursday: 5.00km / 31:06 / 6:13min per km av pace


I don't know whether my face is a reflection of my top or whether I was actually that pink. 

Last night's bake off was a favourite of ours from an old weightwatchers mag. It is spinach & butternut squash spaghetti lasagne and this photo doesn't do it justice but it was yum and serves 6 at only 7pts+ each although we split it between 4. Accompanied by salad and the nicest g-bread ever. This lasagne is my sister and friend's speciality so I just stood and watched it happen. 


I made the dessert from a ww cooking for 2 recipe book - apple and sultana crumble cakes. 


They're not the best desserts as not sweet enough for me especially when you forget to add the demerara sugar on top like me but they did the job for a healthy bake off (we are not counting the brownies here).


(We are obviously also not counting the cream).

I'm so glad we are back to making healthy meals for our bake off. You can get into a rut ordering takeout or making bad food because it is quick and easy but it's so much more fun getting all of your friends in the kitchen to make a good meal from scratch, and it always tastes better too. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment