Tuesday 15 October 2013

My sister the saboteur

My sister was a bit down last week that her weight on weighteatchers was slowly going up instead of down (she can't exercise because of a hernia she's got that is waiting to be operated on) so I had planned to visit her tonight with a shopping bag full of goodies for this healthy chilli recipe:


This month's weightwatchers mag has lots of yum looking recipes in it.

Half way through cooking my sis decided to season the chilli. 

And off came the salt lid.

With 3/4 of the salt tipping into my well planned, amazing tasting turkey and sweet potato chilli. 

This my friends is what you call a ruined meal. 

So we drained the juice from the chilli and ran it under boiling water for ages in the hope that we would wash the majority of the salt away. Luckily sis' cupboard was stocked with chopped tomatoes and a ready made sauce to replace what we lost. 


Here's the saboteur herself trying to save my meal


It actually ended up really yummy.

The funny thing is that I have a bit of a reputation for ruining meals. Once I tried to make a chocolate flan but I actually didn't put any cling film in between the pastry and the baking beans except that time I happened to use rice, which obviously ended up as a raw-rice-mixed-with-pastry-and-chocolate-flan. I also once completely failed a cheese and broccoli flan on bake off night (must be a pastry problem I have) and my sis had to run to the shop to buy eggs for an emergency omelette meal. 

So I kind of hold the crown for crap cook (I have actually made lots of amazing meals throughout my time but these are obviously cast aside for the funny rice flan story). My dear friend did give me a run for my money though when she put non-ovenproof plastic in the oven and nearly burnt down my sister's house. 

So tonight my sister has clearly truly taken my crap cook crown, I just wish I wasn't the only one here to witness it. Sodium overload, anyone????

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment