Saturday 18 May 2013

I don't need more makeup but oh, go on then

Well after my mega makeup haul a couple of weeks ago, I blogged about how I wish I had bought a more striking lipstick but always back out as I'm not brave enough to wear red. I also came away wishing that I had bought a brow definer because my brows are just so fair and they haven't really grown back properly from when it was 'cool' to have thin brows in my teens.

So I was happy to see that this month's Marie Claire included either an Avon brow 'glimmerstick' or a lipstick in Smitten Red. My colleagues at work love it when my favourite mags give away a great product as I always buy several copies and dish them out for lunch time reading.

Awful quality, soz.

So when I got home that day I played around with them a bit and was really disappointed to find that the lipstick was nowhere near the smitten 'red' that Avon claimed it to be, but was actually a really bright pink which I've got several of in the bottom of my never worn stash makeup bag. But I actually quite liked the eyebrow pencil and even though it was a bit dark for me I can get away with putting it on quite lightly to fill my eyebrows out and make them look much better and defined.

 
I took the lipstick off straight away as I didn't want to scare my sister, who was my dinner date for the evening and would have said 'is the Queen coming for dinner' or something along those lines. Who knows, I might try it out for a night out but for the moment it's definitely one for the pile of neglected lippies.
 
Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment