Tuesday 21 May 2013

How to not spend all of your salary in Sainsburys

Once, I tried to get through the Sainsburys door not by pushing it open as normal people do, but by swiping my work pass to try and gain access.

And another time, I was really annoyed because me as well as an elderly man had been queuing up at the self service checkouts for at least ten minutes, when suddenly the fire alarm went off and they made us leave both without me buying my Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter and the old man without his loaf of bread.

But then again it is about the only place that still stocks a Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter bar.

As you can see, Sainsburys and I have a love / hate relationship.

It should really be enough that I do my weekly shop at Sainsburys. I mean, an hour and a half on a Saturday afternoon among screaming kids and people who just will.not.move.their.trollies.out.of.the.bleeding.way is enough to make anyone go insane. But not me. I find myself there at least every lunch time and sometimes twice a day...

...I think it's because I have an obsession with spending money, and Topshop is too far a walk from the office.

I also think it's because DC is too lazy to drive to Tesco after work and always uses the excuse 'well Sainsburys is just down the road from you so you can go on your lunch break'.

I could literally spend all of my money in there. Maybe it's because I love bad food and expensive magazines. It's definitely not to check out the security guard (if you saw him, you'd know what I mean).

I really should start leaving my purse at home. Or get a more interesting obsession, like an addiction to clothes instead of food and magazines (oh yes, I already have that too).

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment