Tuesday 18 June 2013

Week 15 training roundup...

Week 15
Activities: 3
Distance covered: 23.8 km
Average pace: 6.35 min/km
Calories burned: 1,537
Time spent 2:36:44

A good week back on track!
 
Sunday: 9.13km run
Monday: rest day
Tuesday: 5.56km run
Wednesday: rest day
Thursday: rest day
Friday: rest day
Saturday: 9.10km run
 
So even though I've been slacking off on my reporting, I have been running promise!!! I wrote about my disappointment in How to get back into running when you've been a lazy slob for 10 days after I had given up on a run and stopped half way through for the first time since I started training all of those weeks ago.

But then I was determined to start afresh this week and I've succeeded ever since. I am now on week 15 and it is less than 2 weeks until race day!!! I can't believe it's coming around so fast.

So last week I realised I have been running less, only 3 times a week, but the distances I've covered have more than made up for that. Because I want to complete my 10k race in 60 minutes, I did a couple of 1 hour runs throughout the week to see how far I could cover during that time. I was hoping to improve each time but as you can see, Saturday was only 0.04km off beating my distance on Sunday! I've been running at quite an easy, good pace and I know I can push myself further but I'm so worried about burning out that I've been running quite slowly and then trying to make up for it in the last 5 minutes!

I'm hoping for a couple more long runs this week to hopefully try and get closer to my race day pace. Fingers crossed!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment