Friday 21 June 2013

Review: Coast To Coast

A new Coast to Coast American restaurant and bar opened in Leicester through the Highcross shopping centre on Monday and my friends and I decided to check it out for our monthly meet up. It used to be a Cruise clothing store and it's been converted really nicely, with American booths, a huge long bar and a relaxed atmosphere.

Source: c2crestaurants.com
 
You can see that a lot of effort has gone into opening week and the staff was super inviting and friendly. We didn't wait very long at all to be greeted and we were shown straight to a table. We went quite early at 5.30pm but thought it would be busy due to Orange Wednesday in the cinema opposite. I'm not sure who we were served by because they don't have name badges but she was really friendly and enthusiastic.
 
I tweeted yesterday that I was going to visit here tonight and soon after received a voucher code for a free cocktail, which I definitely would have taken up if we all weren't driving.
 
 
For drinks I chose homemade pink lemonade and it was AMAZING. It's probably quite bad for you as anything yum is but it was really tasty and it came in a huge glass that lasted me throughout my whole meal. We were also asked whether we wanted a jug of water when we sat down which was a nice touch.
 
 
For my main course the pulled pork was off the menu - even though the company on Twitter promised it would be back today - so I couldn't have that wrap so I went for the goats cheese wrap. It comes with homemade coleslaw and you can choose between regular fries or sweet potato fries - what a great idea. I LOVE sweet potato fries. They weren't very warm so it seemed as though they had been sitting for quite a while before they came over to the table but it wasn't bad enough to complain about.
 
One of my friends went for the Caesar chicken wrap and the other chose the Mediterranean vegetable linguine - which was huge. Everyone was completely full up but of course there is always room for............


 PEANUT BUTTER CHEESECAKE!!!!

We nearly missed the option for this because there's not actually a dessert menu, and we had to ask our server if there was anything else for dessert before she gave us the option for the peanut butter cheesecake and a few other things. Another thing is that without a dessert menu you obviously don't know the price of the items so it may not be good if you're going on a budget.

However, the peanut butter cheesecake was absolutely amazing and completely hit the spot. It came with both cream AND ice cream, and my friend and I completely enjoyed it, with the other ordering the chocolate brownie and it disappearing within around two minutes, which meant it must have been good!

We did have a Highcross staff discount card between us so we got 10% off our bill making it £45.40 for the three of us, saving ourselves £5. I think it was quite reasonable at £15 each for two courses and a drink.

Overall I wasn't crazy about the main course, the plate had grease marks all of the way around the edge but it was tasty and there were a great range of courses. The drink and dessert were absolutely delicious - the dessert spoon perhaps needs to be served with a napkin though as it's the course that most makes a mess! - and I'm already planning on coming back here after the cinema one night for the cheesecake! I'd be happy to go back, maybe not for a special occasion but definitely for a catch up with friends in a relaxing, friendly atmosphere. Definitely a cocktail next time!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment