Monday 24 June 2013

Pick of the week #16

 
Following on from last week's beach holiday shop, here's my top pics for the best beach beauty buys.

 
1. Face sun protection - Rituals £14.00
I find that regular body sun tan lotion is too greasy for my face and I end up getting a breakout while I'm away. I've been using this SPF30 face cream for 3 years now and I love it, plus I get a 30% discount which always helps with the price.
 
2. Maybelline BB cream - Superdrug £7.99
I LOVE the Universal Glow version of this BB cream. It gives a really good glow and pre-holiday I was worried that it would be too orange for me but whilst I was out there and gradually getting a tan it was the perfect cream for a coverage that wasn't foundation-heavy. I also used it for months afterwards going back to work, so I can't wait to get a good use out of it again.
 
3. Mark Hill sea salt spray - Boots £5.99
My hair is neither here or there so I like to put a product in it whilst I'm on the beach to stop the frizz and keep the flyaways tame. I can't remember the spray I used last year so I'm going to try this one this year and hopefully it'll keep my hair in good shape.
 
This is another beach bag essential for me that I've used year on year. I'm a devoted Vaseline addict but it just doesn't do the job in the sun, my lips just burn straight away. This lip balm is cheap and cheerful, smells great and does the job.
 
5. Moisture Surge - Clinique £32.99
This moisturiser is the best thing since sliced bread. Fact. I use it all throughout winter when my face gets dried out by the cold and wind, but also use it on holiday when I get a heat rash on my cheeks / chin every year without fail. It keeps my skin moisturised and clears it up much faster than anything else.
 
Next week's Pick of the Week - Holiday Footwear
 
Dans x 

No comments:

Post a Comment