Sunday 9 June 2013

5 things I didn't tell you while I was gone...

1. After a much moaned about failed purchase and mega long time to put my order through, PLUS a wait much over the standard 30 days, my Zatchel from their half price birthday bonanza has finally arrived. I love it, it's beautiful, and it completely cheered me up arriving at work on a mega stressful day. I have to admit though that it's much more over on the yellow side than I was expecting, as it is classed as cream and looked much different on the website, but it doesn't make me love it any less. It's arrived just in time for summer, and I've used it every day since it arrived. It's perfect.


2. I was officially made a Personal Assistant at work. I was always officially a Directors Secretary and I was never happy with doing the same job as everyone else and being classed differently. So this small change made a massive difference in my confidence. Next stop: payrise! (Kidding, just in case my boss finds my blog).

3. One of my closest friends had a birthday house party and it was one of the best nights ever, nothing like the confidence crisis I had when out back in March. I even saw my old college friend there and we had a good catch up. There's nothing like a good party with good friends, and I prefer it being in a house than in a club, which I'm just not that in to any more.


4. Talking of clubs, DC enjoyed a day in the dog house. He was out in town with friends and asked me to pick him up at 11.45pm, by Whatsapp. Did he respond to my 7 messages asking him where he was and wanted picking up from? No. Did he answer his phone when I called him 5 times? You guessed it. Then what happened? My battery died. So I waited in town for him at the place I messaged him. With no phone. And I waited. And waited. And 45 minutes later, I happened to spot him stumbling down the street with his friend... on his way to another club. Yes, hot water indeed. I even made him watch the Notebook as punishment (he didn't cry. I did.)

5. We decorated our house, which was the main reason for my absence. We re-painted our downstairs bathroom, and ripped the wardrobes out in our spare room. We had a plasterer in to smooth out the walls, before we got to work painting. Our neighbours made it better by shouting up to me from their garden when I was hanging out of my window painting the sill, asking us over for a BBQ. It was yum. This was after we emptied said fitted wardrobes and since then have been dressing ourselves from temporary Argos rails. This part, not so fun.


Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment