Wednesday 12 June 2013

My life in pictures #12


This is Joe. We met when we were eight, and he is my oldest and dearest friend. We went to primary school together, secondary school, college... and then he left me to go and study at Manchester Met, and he's never come home! He comes home about four times a year and I've been to visit him a handful of times. He's one of those friends where it doesn't matter if we don't see each other for months, we just pick up where we left off and have lots to talk about.

We've fallen out twice during our 17 year friendship... one when we were drunk and 17 and he broke my camera, and the other time when we were drunk and 17 (I see a pattern emerging here) in an indie club and I told him that I didn't like his girlfriend (I'm too honest, she wasn't good for him). But we made up quickly and other than that he's always looked after me.

I'm lucky to have a friend like him. Everyone should have a Joe in their life!


    Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment