Tuesday 26 November 2013

Time flies when you're having fun

I had such a jam packed weekend I didn't get a chance before now to tell you what I have been up to (or time to do any exercise but I'll list that as an excuse more than anything;))

I was glad when Friday was over as last week was a mega busy one at work. I love being busy but am not particularly fond of the mental exhaustion that comes with it. My bestest friend ever came round on Friday and we drove to Sainsburys to stock up on Christmas decorations. I have completely failed and gone against everything I believe in as I caved I to temptation and didn't wait until 1 December to add to my Christmas collection. But I haven't bought my presents yet so at least I'm doing well there. 

We cooked a prawn korma curry from the November weightwatchers magazine and it was completely yummy. 


It was so simple to make. In a pan went some green beans, shredded carrots and korma paste, before in went a can of lighter coconut milk and if you simmer it for a little while it should start to thicken. It didn't. So we left it a bit longer worrying that we would have a curry soup but once we added the prawns it thickened up lovely. I dry fried some desiccated coconut and sprinkled it over e top before serving with rice. Quick and easy. Not mega cheap, but nice for a one off although I'd definitely cook it again. DC doesn't like korma so maybe I'll do a spicier one for him. 

Saturday was DC and my 5 year anniversary. 5 years, wow. 5 years since DC rocked up in his old car with a plaster on his head from splitting his head open and spending hours in a Sheffield a&e. I kid you not. He also told me he only smoked 1 a day. Yeahhh ok DC!

I was quite upset because DC didn't get me a card. He said he "thought we weren't doing cards any more" which is funny because a) that conversation never took place and b) we have always bought each other a card. 

We went to visit my grandparents as we do every other Saturday and when I got out of the shower these were waiting for me:


Otherwise known as guilt flowers. 

I love how DC was obviously panic buying because he bought me a card that says "on YOUR anniversary" but it's the (late) thought that counts, right?

We went into town that evening to celebrate, went for meatballs and pasta at Ask (after being turned away from 3 full restaurants - so busy and it's not even December yet!) and then went to watch The Hunger Games. It was brilliant. Not enough love stuff in it for me but less gore than the first one which was good for me because I don't like that kind of stuff. 

Sunday I went for an hour long walk at our national park with my sis, which we have turned I to a weekly thing. It was lovely and fresh but you soon warm up after a while. We walked 5.5km and I love catching up with my sis. 


DC and I drove to Dunelm to buy some blinds - we have thought about it for so long and I just said stuff it, let's go. We were going to buy made for measure blinds but weren't too fond of he cost, so we bought 3 blinds for our lounge window and it came to £50 - not bad at all and not too much to be mega gutted if we went wrong on them when trimming them down. 

DC's brother had done the same for him blind so we knew it was doable but my word I did not envisage DC's cutting skills to be so completely dire. Even with the blinds bound and a straight line drawn down for the cut, he couldn't stick to the line. So I took over... And then the hacksaw broke. So we recruited DC's friend from around the corner who brought him hacksaw round and proceeded to cut his thumb open with it. By this point we were a little bit stressed. When they were cut we started to drill into the ceiling - after an hour of measuring - to find that there was a metal plate in the ceiling stopping up from drilling where we needed to. Cue another half an hour of re-measuring. 

It only took 4.5hours...


But now they are done and they look amazing!!! (If you see any uneven lines then it is your eyes and not my cutting skills ;)) we are so pleased with them. We can keep our curtains open now so we don't block the heat plus we can have our candles on all night long. 

We finally finished just in time for 9pm and shared a huge Caramel Sutra Ben n Jerrys ice cream pot and settle down to watch the new Star Trek movie......and I fell asleep 15 mins in. 

Perfect weekend!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment