Wednesday 20 November 2013

How many Christmas crackers would it take to...

...blow up my house... The cul-de-sac... The city??? 

No really, I'm kidding, before this post gets flagged up for the word 'bomb' and the FBI turn up at my house. Honest, no blowing anything up here, move along. 

However, my question does have a point because I rushed to m&s in my lunch hour yesterday to grab some of their Christmas crackers I had spotted a. Few weeks ago. I know I promised to hold off on the Christmas shop but I really didn't want them to go out of stock, because for our bake off Christmas dinner that we host every year it has become quite a tradition for me to bring along some lovely m&s crackers that have a fun game inside that will keep us occupied for an hour after dinner with a stomach full of early turkey and mince pies. 

Last year the crackers included a game of Ludo where you all made a paper Christmas character and played away to your heart's content. 


This year it's the naming game where you write a famous person's name on your headband and have to ask questions to find out who you are, with everyone else only being allowed to answer yes or no. 


Sorry, I still haven't got to my point have I?

Well here it is. 

Me, Dani, aged 25 and 3 months, was ID'd for these crackers. 

Yes, you heard that correctly. Before being allowed to purchase these crackers, I had to hand over my driving license to prove I was "of age". 

I'm assuming the age limit is 18. Who knows. All I know is that I laughed, asked "are you serious, I'm 25" and then handed my license over to the apologetic self service assistant. 

Come on m&s. The only damage I am going to do with these is hit my sister over the head with one if she cracks open the colouring crayons and I end up with the leaping frog. 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment