Saturday 30 November 2013

Christmas is a'coming

Every year my sis and I take my mum into town to give her a chance to do her Christmas shopping. Because she's not very able bodied I didn't want her to have to do all of her shopping online, so we make a day of it and try to get as much bought as possible. This said, because she only sees the shopping mall once a year, half of the day is spent with her saying 'oo I didn't know that shop was there' and 'where has that shop gone?' which is really funny. 

We spent about a zillion hours in John Lewis before going to the new Turtle Bay which has just opened in our food quarter. DC and I wanted to go for our anniversary but it always books up really quickly and  lots of friends I know have always had a problem getting in because its Caribbean food is so popular. 


I had curried goat and it was sooo yummy. It was pretty spicy but really filling and only £6.50. I will definitely go there again and again because there's so much on the menu that looks tempting. 

We helped mum around to gather up her Santa gifts and then it was my turn to rummage through Topshop, I was obviously not going to miss that opportunity. 

I've had my eye on this since it came into the New In collection at Topshop at the start of the week:


I didn't think they would have it in store because sometimes new things online take a while to come in but here it was and I fell in love. 


So into the basket from Santa it went. I also picked up some dark acid wash Leigh jeans as the Leigh range fit me soooo well. And I picked up the Runway Coral lippy from Clinique too as I fell in love with it in July after buying it for my friends. The only bad thing with choosing Christmas presents early is you have to wait forever for the Big Day to come around, so I'm really excited now. Thanks mum and dad I mean Santa. 


Here's me and my sis enjoying a coffee and half a muffin. Love this lady. 

We had such a lovely day and I think mum will definitely sleep well tonight!! 

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment