Friday 22 February 2013

A week of ups and downs...

Well this week has seen the good, the bad and the ugly! After a great weekend, I was really impressed with myself on Monday evening when I managed a 1.5mile straight through run for the first time since I started my training plan (more on that later), without stopping or having to walk! I was so pleased with myself and felt I had reached a milestone.

Then came along a chest infection, which I think may have been brought on my running in such cold weather? And after that had calmed down after a couple of days, along came the dreaded cough...

Every time I seem to catch a cold or get run down, I develop this tickly cough that seems to last for WEEKS. I've had it for years, and each year it seems to get worse up to the point that this week it has affected my work (walking out of meetings unable to talk!), my sleep (woke up at 5.20am this morning in a coughing fit, and everyone knows I'm no good on less than 8 hours sleep!) and my confidence (coughing episodes on the bus even after preparing myself with water, lozengers, soft mints and gum).

So the end of the week has been pretty miserable but I'm in the Doctor's this afternoon and really hope he will give me something to help, as I can't last 9 weeks again on no sleep!

To top off my week I put 1.5lb on at weightwatchers last night! But I am trying to write that off.

Right, now that I have got all of that off of my chest (quite literally), it's only 8 hours away from the weekend!

Dans

No comments:

Post a Comment